Sorry, I got a little excited about that. Just so everyone knows...I am making them gluten-free friendly. We tend to do tacos/burritos a lot here at the Carr residence. We have been able to find a gluten-free wrap for Andrew to eat. It's made by LaTortilla Factory. They are the Smart & Delicious Wraps Gluten Free, Wheat Free.
I'll be honest, when we're doing tacos, it doesn't necessarily taste the greatest; however, the last time I made enchiladas Andrew mentioned that the wraps tasted better because of the sauce that I used.
- 1 lb. of ground beef (could be replaced with ground turkey or even cubed chicken)
- 1 packet of taco seasoning (or if you don't have that: 2 tbs. Mexican chili powder, 2 tbs. paprika, and 1 tbs. of onion powder)
- About 6 tortilla (large) shells (gluten-free for those who need or normal for those who don't)
- 1 or 2 larger cans of Old El Paso enchilada sauce (can be the red or green, mild or medium)
- Shredded cheese
- 2 cups rice
- 1 tsp. extra of the chili powder (for the rice)
- Preheat the oven to about 375 degrees F.
- Cook the rice according the packaging and add the extra tsp. of chili powder for seasoning.
- Brown the meat. Once the meat is done, add the seasoning packet and 1 small (8 oz./1 cup) of water. Mix the meat, water, and seasoning until the water is cooked off and the seasoning has coated/covered the meat.
- Take a 9 in. by 13 in. cooking pan and spray it with cooking spray so that the enchiladas don't stick.
- Take one of the tortilla shells/wraps and layer rice, meat, cheese, and 4 to 6 tbs. of the Old El Paso sauce inside. Fold it as best you can and place inside the pan. Continue until you've filled all of the tortilla shells.
- Pour the rest of the sauce over the enchiladas and put cheese on top.
- Place in the oven for about 30 minutes to crisp the edges and melt the cheese inside and on top.
- Once done, eat and enjoy with your favorite toppings!
I will say that sometimes I have a difficult time folding the LaTortilla Wraps when they've been taken straight from the refrigerator. Warming them slightly in the oven may help with the wrapping.
|The final product: 3 for Andrew, 2 for Me!|
Enjoy and happy eating!!!