Pages

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Cheese Garlic Biscuits

I honestly cannot take credit for these, but found them very easy to make and very yummy!!!  Thanks to Brenda Ferko, I was able to find these on the Gluten Freely website.  If you'd like to see the original recipe, just click on the link, Cheese Garlic Biscuits.  However, I'll go on ahead and post it here, as well.


Ingredients:
  • 2 cups Bisquick® Gluten Free mix
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/4 cup firm butter or margarine
  • 2/3 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (2 oz)
  • 3 eggs
  • 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder


Preparation Instructions: 

  1. Heat oven to 425°F. In medium bowl, combine Bisquick mix and 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder. 
  2. Cut in 1/4 cup butter, using pastry blender or fork, until mixture looks like coarse crumbs. Stir in milk, cheese and eggs until soft dough forms.
  3. Drop dough by 10 spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet.
  4. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown. 
  5. Mix 1/4 cup melted butter and 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder; brush on warm biscuits before removing from cookie sheet. Serve warm.

I personally did do a couple of changes or additions; however, they weren't too horribly drastic to take away from the recipe itself.  While I was melting the butter, I added about a 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt (instead of the 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder), and I added about a 1/2 teaspoon parsley to the melted butter.

I did them in the 10 biscuits they recommended; however, next time, I may try them in smaller sizes so we have more to enjoy for later!  Hope you enjoy them as much as we did!!

Happy eating!!

Jenni

No comments:

Post a Comment