On my grocery trip this past Saturday, I decided to peruse the Whole Foods store near us to see what gluten free items they had for us to try. I compared several different products, and knowing that Andrew misses having pasta, I decided to try the Ancient Harvest Quinoa Shells.
This evening I decided to make the pasta I had bought because, like every other day during the work week, I wanted to make something easy. I don't have an official name for this and quite frankly it's pretty easy.
- 2 boxes of the Ancient Harvest Quinoa shells
- 1 jar of pasta sauce (whatever your favorite)
- pepperoni (I used turkey pepperoni to make it a slightly more low fat)
- 1 bag of shredded mozzarella cheese (give or take a little)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cook the pasta per the directions on the box. You may want to cook the full time or a couple of extra minutes depending on your oven.
- Strain the pasta and pour into a 9 by 13 inch pan.
- Mix in 1/2 cup of shredded cheese (or so), 1/4 package of pepperoni and pasta sauce.
- Layer more pepperoni and cover with more cheese depending on your taste.
- Place in the oven until the cheese on top has melted and serve!
Enjoy and happy eating!!!