Pages

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Raspberry Muffins


I had been planning on making these a while ago; however, the first set of raspberries I had gotten went bad before I could do them.  So...I decided to try once again.  And...they look so yummy!!

 Also, keep in mind that this recipe isn't originally mine.  I found it at www.cooks.com.

Read more about it at www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,194,148163-247206,00.html
Content Copyright © 2011 Cooks.com - All rights reserved.

Topping Ingredients:
  • 2 tbsp. butter, softened 
  • 1/4 c. flour (gluten-free)
  • 1/4 c. brown sugar
Muffin Ingredients:
  • 1 1/4 c. flour (gluten-free)
  • 2 tsp. baking powder
  • 1/2 c. sugar
  • 1/2 tsp. Xanthan gum
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 1/2 c. milk
  • 1/2 c. butter, softened 
  • 1 c. fresh raspberries
Directions:
  1. Mix the first 3 ingredients (butter, flour and brown sugar) together and set aside for the topping.
  2. Mix together by spoon the sugar, egg, milk and butter; stir in the flour, Xanthan gum, and baking powder. 
  3. Add raspberries. 
  4. Fill muffin pans 2/3 full and sprinkle topping mixture on top.  
  5. Bake at 375°F for 20 minutes.
Before...
After...

After #2

I will say that when I was baking that I used the Gluten Free Pantry version of all purpose flour for the 1/4 cup flour in the topping and 3/4 cup of flour in the actual muffin mix.  The other 1/2 cup of gluten free flour was actually white rice flour from Arrowhead Mills.  Also, rather than specifically measuring the raspberries, I actually just put the entire 6 oz. container in.  This recipe can make a dozen small muffins or 6 large muffins.

Hope you enjoy them!!  Happy eating!!!

Jenni

No comments:

Post a Comment