So, about this time last Sunday, I was working on making different meals for us for the entire week that was gluten-free. One of those was Chicken Alfredo with gluten-free pasta I picked up at Trader Joe's for $1.99. Instead of cooking it as a complete meal right then, I separated it out into some smaller containers for Andrew to take to work with him and reheat.
- One bag of organic brown rice penne pasta (uncooked) from Trader Joe's
- One can of chicken
- Two small jars of alfredo sauce
- Cook the past as per the directions on the bag. The pasta will most likely come in a green bag.
- I mixed the 2 small jars of alfredo sauce in a bowl with the chicken to help break up the larger chicken chunks. If you're looking to prepare the meal for eating right then, then you will want to heating the sauce and the chicken up on low heat until the pasta is done cooking; however, since I was dividing them up for smaller meals for Andrew later I didn't.
- Once the pasta is done cooking to your liking, strain it in the strainer.
- I tend to dump the pasta back into the pot that I cooked it in. I mix in the chicken and the alfredo sauce (heated or unheated depending on the purpose of the meal) with the pasta.
Trader Joe's does have a list of products that are gluten free if you are interested in checking them out. If you have any questions regarding any of the products, the people who work at Trader Joe's are more than happy to help answer your questions and make recommendations.
Sorry there aren't any pictures this time around. Maybe when I fix it again!
Enjoy! And, happy eating!!